Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Brazilian Keratin Blowout

     Wow, one month has passed since I last posted here and another one of my wish list granted! I finally got my hair treated. :D

     If I'm not mistaken, i have been getting my hair rebonded for four times now and I was informed that eventually, my hair will get dry and brittle if I'm not having it treated. I have been asking an office mate (who has a very straight and silky hair) what treatment should I get for my hair but all she told me was a hotoil treatment. I was kind of discouraged, knowing that hotoil treatments only last for one to two days. I wanted my hair treatment to last for half a month or year coz I don't want to spend that much money on my hair.

      Anyhow, I've been browsing on this online shop I am subscribed with and I was intrigued to one promo they had on hairs. They have a Brazilian Keratin Blowout for P999 only! I had a friend who had a Keratin treatment (and yes, the result is very good) but it was very pricey so I know that what they've been offering is a good deal. On top of that, the salon is just one jeep away from my office building so it will be very favorable for me. So I bought the voucher and got an appointment.

     The salon looks nice and new so I felt a little homey in there but the staff are very chatty. I'm not of a people person especially in a salon so I really prefer to be silent and use the time to think and reflect on things. But one staff keeps on talking and selling me their product which he said will make the treatment last longer. He also told me not to wash my hair for two days so I kind of got disappointed since keratin treatments was just like rebond treatments.

     I was shampooed four times so that the cuticles of my hair will open for the treatment to take effect. But I was puzzled that they gave me a mask and since I'm not in a mood to chat, I didn't ask them what is it for and just put it on. The treatment lasts for more than an hour (thank God it was not 4-5 hours like rebond treatment usually does) and this is what the finished product looks like.


     They don't have the conditioner that time so I didn't purchase the "after-treatment product" they were offering. I was actually satisfied on how it looks that I even paid P100 for the haircut even though the guy just cut my bangs (and even gave him a tip which I kinda regret later on).


      Does my new hair worth the one thousand peso? I think so only if I haven't washed it the next day. :D I don't like the feeling of going to work without washing my hair so I had it washed and put on conditioner. It still looks good so far, but I don't know how long will it last.

      I made a research on Keratin treatments and I've read that Keratin treatment is a restorative treatment that strengthens hair shaft. Keratin are proteins that are naturally found in our hair but because of our current lifestyle, heat, styling, coloring and pollution, our hair tends to get dry and loose Keratin. So this treatment infuses Keratin back to every strand of the hair. But it also has a bad effect since Keratin products has Formaldehyde which are bad for our health. That, I think, explains the mask.

     Knowing all these, I was actually thinking if Keratin treatment is worth to be tried again. Who knows if salons will still have promos on it next time. I'm also wondering if I should just have DIY treatments that are bought in the local stores since it would be cheaper. Well, we'll see..

No comments:

Post a Comment